SOCIAL MEDIA

1.30.2013

The Calm Before The Storm


sunnies Free People scarf H&M jacket Ross top Last Chance pants Target boots H&M

Today is going to get a little crazy busy. As I sit at my desk I think to myself it's the calm before the storm. Of course that thought was meant for today's work but I can't help but feel like the Holy Spirit is saying that to me personally as well.

The past few months I've been bored with my life and stuck in a rut I can't seem to get out of.

My best friend is so amazing at describing how I feel. She explains how I feel when I can't and she's ALWAYS right, it's frightening & awesome at the same time! She describes me in this way:
She said that I am a very passionate person. That whatever I do, I do it BIG! Which is true. Go big or go home, right? When she got married, I wanted her to have the best wedding with everything she wanted because I love her to death and she deserves it! When she got pregnant, gosh darn it, she was going to have the best baby shower EVER! (I guess that's my love language - grand gestures. Is that even a love language?)
She said that because I go big in everything I do, I tend to get bored when big things aren't happening in my life. WHICH IS TOTALLY TRUE!!!! I have a hard time finding joy in the smaller less epic moments. I believe in this season, God is teaching me to find joy in the every day smaller moments since they are more frequent than the epic moments in life. 

The Lord is showing me all the little ways I see Him incorrectly. For example, when I don't see God doing big things in my life, I tend to relate that to Him not loving me - which is completely absurd, I know!

I can't help but think this season is my "calm before the storm".
God is always working behind the scenes, I'm ready to see what He's got.

Hope is rising.
God is faithful!

“Hope is one of the Theological virtues. This means that a continual looking forward to the eternal world is not (as some modern people think) a form of escapism or wishful thinking, but one of the things a Christian is meant to do. It does not mean that we are to leave the present world as it is. If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next.” -C.S. Lewis

#21   surprise chocolate hearts
#20   friendships reconciled
#19   women's ministry leader (more details soon)

2 comments :

  1. I love this Kerrin!!
    God is always doing BIG things in our lives..sometimes we just need to take the time to see it. I talk to you everyday and see God doing BIG things in your life!! So many good things are yet to come for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete