SOCIAL MEDIA

2.19.2013

Leaving on a jet plane!

Start spreading the news
I am leaving today 
in a few months
I want to be a part of it
New York, New York

These vagabond shoes
They are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it
New York, New York


I want to wake up in that city
That doesn't sleep
And find I'm king  
queen of the hill
Top of the heap


My little town blues
They are melting away
I gonna make a brand new start of it
In old New York


If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you
New York, New York

The last time I was in New York was 3 years ago.
The last time my mom was in New York was 25 years ago!

God is so faithful!

My mom and I have never done any type of a mother/daughter trip together and for years I've wanted to go back to NY with her. I think it would be so cool visiting places she grew up and meeting all her lifelong friends.

Last month my mom was on the phone with one of her friends who still lives in NY, Diane. My mom was sharing some of her recent struggles with Diane and telling her the only way she has been able to get through those things was because of Jesus. Long story short, my mom lead Diane to the Lord! {HOORAY!!!! PARTY IN HEAVEN!!!} The next day, Diane called my mom back & said "Robin, I want to pay for both you and Kerrin to come out to NY!" My mother of course, felt she couldn't accept this amazing gift...I of course, convinced her otherwise! :D
So after much "we'll figure it out mom" conversations, Diane scheduled us a trip to NY fully funded from April 4th to April 11. We will stay with Diane on Long Island in our own bedrooms, we will have full access to a car so we can go gallivant wherever, whenever! And Diane's daughter lives in Manhattan and we can stay with her if we want to go to the city...and YES, we will be going to the city!!!

Along with all these amazing amenities that Diane is providing us, we have a family reunion happening that same week in NY also. Coincident? I think not! God is good!
My mother will have the opportunity to see some of her relatives she hasn't seen in 15+ years & I will get to meet all my crazy-loud Italian New Yorker relatives that I've never met before! OH! There will be video footage of this craziness!!! ***Now would be a good time to follow me on Vine ;)***

I'm so excited about this trip! New York is the greatest place on earth... it's practically the center of the universe! 

I plan to:
- shop in Manhattan thrift shops (do you know there is a Goodwill right in the center of Manhattan?!?)
- shop in general
- attempt to go to a service at Hillsong NYC
- maybe sit in on an acting class with my cousin
- eat lunch in Central Park with mom (I wonder if Shakespeare in the Park will be happening???)
- see Jane, Tiana & Fam, Buddy, Corey & Mark
& any other adventure I can squeeze in that week!


What are your favorite things to do in NY?


4 comments :