SOCIAL MEDIA

1.22.2015

A Hot Dog Bun Moment

I HAVE decided that the term "bridezilla" has a negative connotation and therefore i refuse to be called that.

i prefer people say "she's having a hot dog bun moment". what is a "hot dog bun moment", you ask? have you seen Father of the Bride? that is by far one of my favorite movies & not just because i'm getting married. in case you haven't seen it, i'll set you up.

Steve Martin (funniest man on the planet) plays George Banks, the father of the bride. he basically has a panic attack at every point in planning & paying for his daughters wedding. in this particular scene he's had it, he's sick of feeling ripped off and he has a bit of a meltdown in the supermarket. he is ripping open bags of hot dog buns and removing the extra buns he doesn't need. logical? i think so!
Stock Boy: Sir, what are you doing?
George: I'll tell you what I'm doing. I want to buy eight hot dogs and eight hot dog buns to go with them. But no one sells eight hot dog buns. They only sell twelve hot dog buns. So I end up paying for four buns I don't need. So I am removing the superfluous buns.
Stock Boy: I'm sorry sir but you're going to have to pay for all twelve buns. They're not marked individually. 
George: Yeah. And you want to know why? Because some big-shot over at the wiener company got together with some big-shot over at the bun company and decided to rip off the American public. Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink. Well they're not ripping of this nitwit anymore because I'm not paying for one more thing I don't need. George Banks is saying NO!
Stock Boy: Who's George Banks?
George: ME!
watch it here!

OK! i'll admit, i've had a few hot dog bun moments already! it's been hard for me to let go of the wedding i've been dreaming about all my life & realize that things won't go EXACTLY as i've planned. riding down the aisle on an elephant just isn't realistic! darn it! haha but seriously, i know i've been making things a bigger deal than they need to be. i'm so emotionally tied to this day which is understandable but i must remind myself to keep the main thing, the main thing, and that is marrying this wonderful man!

Huck has been amazing! he's so good at seeing the best parts of something and magnifying them over the crummy parts! he's good for me! thanks for loving me babe, even in my hot dog bun moments!

xoxo, kerri

No comments :

Post a Comment